MUCH FAWLEY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157789
Date first listed:
18-May-1953
Statutory Address:
MUCH FAWLEY, MUCH FAWLEY

Map

Ordnance survey map of MUCH FAWLEY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157789 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jul-2019 at 05:30:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
MUCH FAWLEY, MUCH FAWLEY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Brockhampton
National Grid Reference:
SO 59076 29534

Details

BROCKHAMPTON BY ROSS CP MUCH FAWLEY SO 52 NE 3/17 Much Fawley 18.5.53 GV II Farmhouse. C14 and C15 core substantially altered during C17 and during late C19. Sandstone rubble with C20 concrete tiled roof. Irregular plan, earlier hall and cross-wing type with hall aligned north/south with cross- wing at south end obscured by later additions, main axial stack to hall, lateral stack to south. Two storeys, cellars and attics. West front: three 2-light casement windows to left with two doorways to ground floor, 2-light window to gable end to right showing evidence of alteration in roof- line; glazing bar sash window and 2-light C20 window in gable end further to right; French casement to ground floor. Interior: two C14 stone doorways, one with shouldered head in north wall of former cross-wing. C15 truss in hall section with cambered tie-beam, swept bracing to collar and swept wind-braces. The cruck trusses mentioned by RCHM not located during re-survey. (RCHM Vol II, p 35).

Listing NGR: SO5907629534

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
154276
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 35

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15606/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Tudhope. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].