MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157806
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE, ANCHOR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157806 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 22:47:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE, ANCHOR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wychavon (District Authority)
Parish:
Harvington
National Grid Reference:
SP 05754 48797

Details

HARVINGTON CP ANCHOR LANE (south side) SP 0448 - SP 0548

10/68 Manor Farmhouse

30.7.59

GV II

Farmhouse. Early C15, extended late C15 with some C17 alterations. Timber- frame with rendered infill extended in coursed rubble with Cotswold stone roof. T-plan, cross-wing aligned east/west, late C15, other range early C15 contain- ing crucks, extending to north, with C17 portion inserted at junction. Stack in middle of early range, and at junction. West (garden) front: to right two- storey cross-wing with gable-lit attic and a casement to each floor. To left a gabled projection (C17) of two storeys with a casement to each floor; rest of building to left has a stone outshut with two windows, that to extreme left an unglazed ovolo wooden mullioned window. Entrance to right-hand corner under the gable. Framing: two square panels high on first floor, with curved tension braces, east gable close-studded. Early range has framing three square panels high. Interior: crucks visible in early C15 range. (VCH, 3, p 388).

Listing NGR: SP0577448826

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
148671
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1913), 388

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/05868/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].