MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157811
Date first listed:
09-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, VILLAGE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157811 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 14:37:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, VILLAGE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Richmondshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Bainbridge
National Park:
YORKSHIRE DALES
National Grid Reference:
SD 93360 90306

Details

BAINBRIDGE VILLAGE GREEN SD 99 SW (north side) 8/82 Manor House GV II Farmhouse. Dated 1670, with late C19 alterations. Rubble, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 1:1:1 bays. Quoins. In centre, 2-storey gabled porch with 4-panel door in quoined surround with wave-moulding on arris, and triangular soffit to lintel, with date on recessed panel; string course; 2-light chamfered mullion window to first floor and, in gable above, weathered inscription in square panel with dog-tooth border. On ground floor to left, 3-light mullion window, other windows of 2 lights. Hipped roof. Lateral stacks. The inscription recorded in Greek that the building belonged to Alexander Ingram, and stated in Latin "All earthly undertakings are perfected by the power of the Gods". Bulmer, History, Topography and Directory of North Yorkshire (1890), p 340.

Listing NGR: SD9336090306

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
323104
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Bulmer, T, History Topography and Directory of North Yorkshire, (1890), 340

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07226/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Collins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].