VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157817
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1958
Statutory Address:
VICARAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157817 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 06:07:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Craven (District Authority)
Parish:
Kirkby Malham
National Park:
YORKSHIRE DALES
National Grid Reference:
SD 89364 60990

Details

KIRKBY MALHAM SD 86 SE 6/3 Vicarage 20.2.58 GV II Vicarage. Dated 1622, restored 1866. Squared coursed rubble, ashlar facing to porch, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Three storeys, 6 bays. All C17 windows are double chamfered with cavetto mullions on stools and all C19 windows have ogee mullions on stools unless otherwise stated. Three-storey porch in second bay: entrance has cavetto moulded surround, some C17 stones and an 1866 head and hood- mould. 1622 datestone above with illegible lettering. First floor: Cl7 four-light window and dripmould above. C17 three-light window in gable, central light stepped. Terracotta finial to ridge. Right-hand return of porch: C19 two-light window in ground floor with hoodmould; Cl7 two-light window on first floor and small single- light with cavetto jambs above. To right of porch: two C19 ground floor windows, left-hand has 6 lights, right-hand has 5 lights; both have transoms and hoodmoulds. Four C17 windows on first floor all with 3 lights with a dripmould above which drops like a continuous hoodmould between the second and third bays only. On the second floor are 4 unevenly spaced C17 two-light windows. Bay to left of porch is 1866. Rear contains three C17 windows: a 2-light and 3-light on the ground floor and a 2-light on the upper floor. Interior was completely renewed in 1866. The second floor was removed, so the upper 2 rows of windows are now part of the first floor.

Listing NGR: SD8936560993

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
324228
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10312/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].