THE KENNELS AND THE KENNELS COTTAGE AND ADJOINING BARNS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157945
Date first listed:
03-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
THE KENNELS AND THE KENNELS COTTAGE AND ADJOINING BARNS

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE KENNELS AND THE KENNELS COTTAGE AND ADJOINING BARNS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157945 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 07:21:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE KENNELS AND THE KENNELS COTTAGE AND ADJOINING BARNS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
Allerdale (District Authority)
Parish:
Sebergham
National Grid Reference:
NY 35401 44269

Details

NY 34 SE SEBERGHAM Welton

9/180 The Kennels and The Kennels Cottage and adjoining barns

II

2 houses and barns formerly called Beech Cottages. The Kennels is dated and inscribed over barn entrance R. & I.R. 1682 and over house entrance R. & E.R. 1697, with C20 additions and alterations. The Kennels Cottage is early C18. Whitewashed and rendered sandstone rubble walls. Welsh slate roof and corrugated asbestos on barn to left. The Kennels Cottage is 2 storeys, 3 bays with lower barn to left. C20 plank door, and sash windows with glazing bars, all in painted stone surrounds. Ground floor C20 casement window to right of entrance. Blank front wall of barn with lower shippon. The Kennels shares common roof with barn of The Kennels Cottage; 2 storeys, 3 bays with angled barn to left under common roof. Cross passage entrance has heavily moulded surround with shaped lintel, cut away to allow better headroom. C20 casement windows in C20 surrounds but within original openings. Rear has C20 extension. Barn has similar entrance with dated shaped lintel. Sash window to right in painted stone surround with shippon to left. Rear has large cart entrance.

Listing NGR: NY3540144269

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
72488
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Oct 2006
Reference: IOE01/16017/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey Cole. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].