This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HARROWBARRROW METHODIST CHURCH AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL AND WALLS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HARROWBARRROW METHODIST CHURCH AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL AND WALLS

List entry Number: 1157965

Location

HARROWBARRROW METHODIST CHURCH AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL AND WALLS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Calstock

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 60855

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CALSTOCK HARROWBARROW SX 37 SE 1/110 Harrowbarrow Methodist Church and attached Sunday School and walls II Methodist church and attached Sunday school and walls. Dated 1842. Stone rubble; lined out in stucco. Hipped slate roof with ridge tiles. Plan: Single auditorium plan, with ritual east to the rear and entrance to the front. The Sunday school is attached at the right side. Wall attached to front, enclosing area. Exterior: 2 storeys, symmetrical front ; central round-arched doorway with moulded surround, panelled double doors with fanlight; above, a circular date plaque in moulded surroud, with date 1842 and initials MC. Tall round-arched widow to right and left. Left side has 2 tall round-arched sashes, 24-pane with splayed glazing bars. Wall attached to the front of the chapel in 3 stepped ranges with chamfered coping ; in painted stone. Attached at the right side, single storey Sunday school with gable end to right ; front has three 2-light casements. Gable end to right has gabled porch with plain door. Similar wall about 10 metres long and about l½ metres high, attached to the porch and swept round to right. Rear and interior not accessible.

Listing NGR: SX3987170119

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX3987170119

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157965 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 05:00:14.

End of official listing