ERISEY MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157968
Date first listed:
10-Jul-1957
Statutory Address:
ERISEY MANOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ERISEY MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157968 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2019 at 02:56:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
ERISEY MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Grade-Ruan
National Grid Reference:
SW 71107 17848

Details

GRADE-RUAN ERISEY SW 71 NW 6/35 Erisey Manor House 10 7 57 II GV Farmhouse. A manor house erected in 1620 in shape of E. Part of this house has been incorporated into C18 rebuilding and extensions and now forms present farmhouse. Built for Erisey family, (Richard Erisey responsible for 1620 building).Male line extinct in 1772. Large blocks of rubble serpentine with coursed rubble serpentine on south-east. Granite dressings. Slate roofs with brick chimneys in hipped ends. In shape of 'T', partly filled in on south-west and by lean-to on north-west. Earlier part incorporated into base of T and has cross passage. Base T: north-east front with centrally placed door with datestone 16 . E . 20. Rectangular granite surround with roll moulded 4-centred arch, diablo stops at base of jambs. Initials R and M in spandrels. 2 ground floor windows to either side, partly fixed with glazing bars. Granite lintels. 2 first floor windows above those on ground floor with 3 fixed lights, glazing bars and lapped glass. South-east facade, symmetrical 5 window front. Ground floor with central C19 panelled door in granite surround. Window on far left with 24-pane sashes (without horns). Other 3 windows 16-pane sashes (without horns). Large granite lintels continue in horizontal band over ground floor windows. First floor, four 16-pane sashes (without horns) with central blocked window opening. Granite horizontal band continues above windows almost to corners of facade. Interior with C18 joinery intact including dado fielded panels in dining room on south-east and simple panels to cross passage. Large unchamfered lintel over fireplace in kitchen on north-west. First floor not inspected.

Listing NGR: SW7110717848

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
64617
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].