STANTON WESLEYAN REFORM CHURCH AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158142
Date first listed:
14-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
STANTON WESLEYAN REFORM CHURCH AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STANTON WESLEYAN REFORM CHURCH AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158142.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 22:58:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
STANTON WESLEYAN REFORM CHURCH AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Stanton
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 24370 64092

Details

SK 26 SW PARISH OF STANTON IN THE PEAK CHAPEL LANE 4/47 (North Side) Stanton Wesleyan Reform Church and attached railings II

Wesleyan Chapel. 1829 with C20 addition and alterations. Coursed squared gritstone, rock-faced to addition with gritstone dressings and chamfered quoins. Plinth and plain band at eaves level. Plain tile roofs with stone coped gables and moulded kneelers. Two bays by three bays, with addition to north-east corner. Central semi-circular headed reeded doorcase with fluted keystone. C20 studded wooden door and plain fanlight. To either side, tall semi-circular headed windows with early C20 coloured glass. Over, pedimented gable and oval plaque inscribed 'WESLEYAN REFORM CHAPEL 1829' and thin ventilation hole over. Rear elevation has semi-circular headed windows and circular opening in gable. Attached to west side of front facade low wall with chamfered copings and elaborate iron railings. Wall and railings continue round front of building, stepping upwards to east. Stone gate piers have cut away corners. Central gate with scrolled lantern arch over.

Listing NGR: SK2437064092

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
81046
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14345/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roy Millett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].