Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158353

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988



Ordnance survey map of LOWER HENDRA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158353 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jan-2019 at 01:53:29.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Teath

National Grid Reference: SX0294781305


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


ST TEATH SX 08 SW Lower Hendra Farmhouse 3/146 - GV II

Farmhouse. C18 (sundial dated 1751), extended in C20. Local slate rubble with granite quoins and window and doorway dressings. Slate hipped roof with black glazed ridge tiles. Dressed granite side stacks, the right hand stack is rendered.

Plan: Double depth rectangular plan with 2 principal front rooms and a central entrance. The back rooms are probably shallower service rooms. In the C20 a shallow 2-storey extension was built at the back to the right.

Exterior: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-window south front. All the windows and the doorway have dressed granite flat arches with keystones and the windows have slate sills. The 3 first floor windows are circa early C20 4-pane sashes, the 2 ground floor windows are late C20 casements and the central doorway has a late C20 boarded door. Slate sundial on front wall to right of doorway is dated 1751 and has initials C.W. and coat of arms, Roman numerals and angels in the corner.

At the back there is a C20 2-storey flat-roof extension with rendered walls.

Interior not accessible.

Listing NGR: SX0294781305


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68586

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing