SANCREED HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158394
Date first listed:
15-Dec-1988
Statutory Address:
SANCREED HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SANCREED HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158394 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 04:23:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
SANCREED HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Sancreed
National Grid Reference:
SW4203329387

Details

SANCREED SANCREED SW 42 NW 5/300 Sancreed House - GV II Former rectory. 1830 (date supplied by present occupier). Built for William Stabback, Rector from 1811 to 1837. Stuccoed walls. Scantle slate hipped roof. Stuccoed chimneys over the rear (partition) walls of the reception rooms and over the left-hand wall towards the rear serving the kitchen. C19 octagonal clay chimney pots. Cast-iron ogee gutters. Plan: 3 rooms deep on the left of a central entrance hall to stair hall and 2-rooms deep on the right (garden front). Reception room or study on the left with butlers pantry and kitchen behind plus single storey pantry projecting left of the kitchen and 2 reception rooms in the garden front. Exterior: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3 window south-west entrance front with central doorway. Granite plinth and sills, giant panelled pilasters flanking the front original 6-pane door, original wooden Tuscan porch. Symmetrical 3 window south-east garden front has central domed niche to ground floor flanked by canted bay windows with hornless sashes with glazing bars. Original 12-pane sashes above. Interior: Original open-well string stair, panelled doors and some plaster ceiling cornices.

Listing NGR: SW4206529361

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
69840
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].