CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158413

Date first listed: 25-Mar-1970

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158413 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 09:37:35.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: South Lakeland (District Authority)

Parish: Dunnerdale-with-Seathwaite

National Park: LAKE DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SD 22904 96137

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DUNNERDALE AND SEATHWAITE SEATHWAITE SD 29 NW Church of Holy Trinity 3/83 25.3.70 II

Church. 1874. Money given by H.W. Schneider. Coursed slate rubble with slate roof. Single vessel nave and chancel with north organ loft and vestry. South elevation has 4 plain unchamfered lancet windows, with wide buttress between nave and chancel. Gabled porch has pointed arch and angle buttresses; flat rough stone attached, now with sundial, used at one time as shearing stool by Rev Robert Walker, for 67 years curate, made famous by Wordsworth as 'Wonderful Walker'. North elevation has 3 lancets to nave, gabled organ loft and flat-roofed vestry with coping. West end has 2 lancets and gabled outhouse with pointed entrance and gabled bellcote. East end has 3 stepped lancets, vestry entrance and leaded casement. Interior is simple, scissor rafter roof with ashlaring, double-chamfered chancel arch. Georgian royal arms. Holy water stoup set in wall. Chancel has arch to organ loft and ten commandments painted on wall; some stained glass. Brass plate re-set from grave stone, records Rev R. Walker (died 1802) and his wife , Anne (died 1800).

Listing NGR: SD2290496137

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 75855

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing