FORMER WATER TOWER TO SHIPLEY HALL SOUTH OF HOME FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158422

Date first listed: 20-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: FORMER WATER TOWER TO SHIPLEY HALL SOUTH OF HOME FARM, SHIPLEY PARK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER WATER TOWER TO SHIPLEY HALL SOUTH OF HOME FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158422 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 12:01:42.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER WATER TOWER TO SHIPLEY HALL SOUTH OF HOME FARM, SHIPLEY PARK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Amber Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Shipley

National Grid Reference: SK 43664 44231

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARISH OF SHIPLEY SHIPLEY PARK ROAD SK 44 SW 5/45 (East Side) Former Water Tower to Shipley Hall, south of Home Farm

GV II

Water tower, now cafe and display area. 1892, extended and converted c1920. Built for the Miller-Mundys of Shipley Hall. Rock-faced stone with ashlar quoins, dressings, copings to plinth and moulded band near eaves level, also moulded cornice. Addition in red brick with brown brick sawtooth bands between storeys and with conical wooden roof. Four storey octagonal water tower and five storey brick tower to south-west side, linked by glazed timber screens. East facade of water tower has a stepped 3-light mullion window with semi-circular headed lights to first floor and a 2-light mullion window over, also with semi-circular headed lights. Above again, there is a stone plaque with the crest of the Miller-Mundys and 'EMM 1892", carved in relief. North elevation has a raised doorcase. Other elevations are blank except south- west elevation which has new openings through to the brick tower which has a concrete spiral staircase and narrow windows to north side.

Listing NGR: SK4366444231

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 78823

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing