HALTER DEVIL CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158486

Date first listed: 12-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: HALTER DEVIL CHAPEL, INTAKES LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALTER DEVIL CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158486 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 07:25:10.

Location

Statutory Address: HALTER DEVIL CHAPEL, INTAKES LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)

Parish: Hulland Ward

National Grid Reference: SK2703444953

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 24 SE PARISH OF HULLAND WARD INTAKES LANE 6/60 (North Side) Halter Devil Chapel GV II

Chapel 1723 and late C19. Rubble gritstone, gritstone ashlar and brick, welsh slate roofs. Single storey chapel attached to south west side of two storey farmhouse. Chapel has an imposing 2-bay ashlar front in classical style. Central doorway with eared architrave and keystone. Plank door. Flanked on each side by a large window with flush stone surround, segmental nead, and keystone. Pilasters at the angles rising to top of a tall coped parapet with ball finials. Side elevation has two similar but smaller windows, continues the coped parapet. Rear wall is of brick. The chapel is said to have been enlarged in 1890. It now measures approximately 13 by 14 feet. Inside, plain C19 fittings. The pulpit incorporates C15 woodwork. The chapel was built in 1723 by Francis Brown according to local legend.

Listing NGR: SK2703444953

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 81401

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing