BARN TO SOUTH-EAST OF ROADNOOK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158487
Date first listed:
31-Jan-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
31-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
BARN TO SOUTH-EAST OF ROADNOOK FARMHOUSE, BRACKENFIELD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN TO SOUTH-EAST OF ROADNOOK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158487 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 19:35:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN TO SOUTH-EAST OF ROADNOOK FARMHOUSE, BRACKENFIELD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
North East Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Wessington
National Grid Reference:
SK 37074 58124

Details

SK 35 NE PARISH OF BRACKENFIELD BRACKENFIELD LANE 4/2 (East Side) Barn to south-east of 31-1-67 Roadnook Farmhouse GV II (formerly listed as Barn at Roadnook Farm)

Threshing barn. 1683 with later alterations and C19 addition. Red brick with gritstone foundations, dressings, quoins and addition. Stone slate roof with moulded stone copings. Plain kneelers. Ball finials, probably C20, to eaves and ridge at west end. Single storey, six bays. Large threshing entrance with curved timber lintel and segmental brick voussoired arch over, to third bay from east. C20 metal door. To either side, stepped brick buttresses with gritstone copings. Similar doorway and buttresses to rear. Blank walls to sides except for regular pattern of cross shaped breathers. West gable has centrally placed, flush quoined doorcase with moulded architrave and lintel. Moulded hood over. Above, square stone plaque with moulded architrave, inscribed 'S? 1683'. C19 addition to east gable wall with two quoined doorcases to north. Interior has five queen post trusses, some considerably repaired.

Listing NGR: SK3707458124

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79390
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].