This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1158489

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, EDGCOTT ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Grendon Underwood

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Feb-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42457

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 62 SE GRENDON UNDERWOOD EDGCOTT ROAD

1/76 The Old Rectory (formerly listed as The Rectory) 25.10.51

GV II

House. 1762. Brown and vitreous brick with red brick quoins and window surrounds. Brick plinth, moulded wooden eaves' cornice with modillions. Hipped old tile roof. 2 storeys, basement and attic, 5 bays. Ground floor has 2 Venetian windows with architrave arches and cornices on Doric pilasters. First floor has 3-pane sashes with gauged brick heads. 3 hipped dormers with old leaded cross casements and moulded wooden cornices. 2 segmental arches in plinth, the right with 2-light window to basement. Centre has 5 stone steps leading to 6-panelled door with semi-circular radiating fanlight in architrave arch and open pediment on Doric pilasters. Later C18 red brick wing to rear of left bays has similar wooden eaves' cornice. C19 additions to right at rear. Left side has C19-C20 canted bay windows.

Listing NGR: SP6773121035

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 67731 21035

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158489 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 12:06:48.

End of official listing