VICARAGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158501

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: VICARAGE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of VICARAGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158501 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 02:53:49.

Location

Statutory Address: VICARAGE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Teath

National Grid Reference: SX 06141 82253

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST TEATH SW 08 SE 4/160 Vicarage Farmhouse - II

Vicarage, now farmhouse. Circa late C16. Rendered stone rubble. Rag slate roof with gable ends. Stone rubble end stacks. Plan: 2 room and cross or through passage plan, heated by end stacks. Small turreted stair to rear of left hand room. Outshot to rear remodelled in C20. Exterior: 2 storeys, regular 3 window front. Central rendered C20 porch with gable end and C20 part glazed door. 4-pane sash and very small 1-light window to left and 4-pane sash to right. Circa C19 9-pane casement and 2 C19 16-pane sashes on first floor. Outshot to rear remodelled in C20 and C20 lean-to outshot extension on right hand gable end. Interior: C20 fireplace in left hand room and ceiling beams replaced in circa C19. Stone turreted stair to rear of left hand room not inspected. Right hand room and first floor not accessible. Particularly unaltered house with interesting history which is outlined by Maclean. A Norman font bowl, now in church (qv Church of St Tetha) was found in the grounds of Vicarage Farmhouse. Maclean, Sir J. Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall 1875

Listing NGR: SX0614182253

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68601

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Maclean, J, Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall, (1879)

End of official listing