GROUP OF HEADSTONES AND CHEST TOMB 2M SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT MANACCA

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158515
Date first listed:
22-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF HEADSTONES AND CHEST TOMB 2M SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT MANACCA

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF HEADSTONES AND CHEST TOMB 2M SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT MANACCA
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158515.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 16:19:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF HEADSTONES AND CHEST TOMB 2M SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF SAINT MANACCA

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Manaccan
National Grid Reference:
SW 76404 25030

Details

MANACCAN MANACCAN SW 72 NE 2/94 Group of headstones and chest tomb - at from 2m south of chancel of Church of Saint Manacca GV II

Group of headstones and chest tomb. C18. 2 round-headed incised slate monolith headstones to: John Thomas and Mary the mother of John Thomas, died 1759 2 square headed incised slate monolith headstones to: Henry, the son of John and Philippa Thomas, died 1798 and one by James of Helston Francis Boucher, died 1793 aged 73. and the epitaph: Reader pass on freely over my bones Lately trod such monumental stones A few days hence shall others tread on thine So small the diffrence twixt thy fate and mine Chest tomb, granite monolith for each side and nowy-headed ends.

Listing NGR: SW7640425030

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
65258
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11540/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George A. Taylor. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].