REGISTRY OFFICE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158590

Date first listed: 25-May-1988

Statutory Address: REGISTRY OFFICE, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of REGISTRY OFFICE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158590 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 11:40:01.

Location

Statutory Address: REGISTRY OFFICE, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Amber Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Heanor and Loscoe

National Grid Reference: SK 43454 46490

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 44 NW HEANOR AND LOSCOE MARKET PLACE, Heanor (north side)

6/32 Registry Office

GV II

Town Hall, now registry office. 1867 with minor later alterations. Red brick with yellow and blue brick, and stone and tile dressings. Shallow pitched hipped slate roof with stumps of side wall stacks. 2 storeys and 5 bays. Advanced central bay, tapering from impost level of doorcase up to base of first floor. Ground floor has horizontal rustication up to impost level of doorcase and windows. Central bay has roll moulded semi-circular headed doorcase with yellow brick arch, stone hoodmould and continuous impost bands of stone and glazed tiles. Double panelled doors below plain overlight. Yellow brick tumbling to either side of arch where the bay tapers. To either side segment headed plain sashes with yellow brick arches. First floor band of yellow brick with blue brick edges broken to centre by segmental headed panel of similar materials with stone inscribed '1867'. Above, five tall semi-circular headed fixed windows with projecting stone sills breaking yellow brick band, ceramic tile bands at impost level and yellow brick arches with stone keyblocks. Narrow terracotta band over and cornice with raised yellow brick panels between paired gutter brackets. Wide eaves gutter with blocking course over central bay. Side elevations in plain red brick with semi-circular headed first floor windows. Interior has central corridor with offices off to either side and hall above.

Listing NGR: SK4345446490

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 79075

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing