Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158761

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, ST TEATH


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158761 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jan-2019 at 23:45:56.


Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, ST TEATH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Teath

National Grid Reference: SX 06472 80517


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


SX 0680 -0780 7/202

ST TEATH, Church House

(Formerly listed as Bakers Park)


House. Circa mid C18, extended to rear in 1842 (datestone). Extension built for John Male. Stone rubble and cob, painted on front range to north. Stone rubble to rear. Rag slate roof with gable ends and gable end to higher rear wing. Stone rubble end stack on right and on front slope to left. Brick end stack on rear. Plan: original plan uncertain. Possibly of double depth plan with rear elevation on north to road. Probably with central through passage and 2 reception rooms to south, heated by end stacks. 2 smaller service rooms to rear (north) the right hand room heated. In circa 1842 the house was extended with a 2 room range to the front right on the south east and possibly contemporary with this the house was re-orientated so that the front elevation faced north, onto the road. Small outbuilding on right hand (west) gable end. Exterior : 2 storeys. Asymmetrical 2 window front with early C19 16-pane hornless sash on left, stable-type door and 1-light casement to right. 2 sashes above. Rear wing with datestone to rear right. Outbuilding on right hand gable end has possibly C17 granite arch in 2 pieces, incorporated in masonry of side wall. 3 slate boxes above entrance to outbuilding to rear, possibly bee-boles or hen boxes. Interior not inspected. Particularly unspoilt house with fine quality pointing in C19 range to rear.

Listing NGR: SX0647280517


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68641

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing