GLUTTON GRANGE AND ADJOINING BARN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158826
Date first listed:
12-Jul-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
27-Jul-1984
Statutory Address:
GLUTTON GRANGE AND ADJOINING BARN, GLUTTON DALE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLUTTON GRANGE AND ADJOINING BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158826 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 13:35:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
GLUTTON GRANGE AND ADJOINING BARN, GLUTTON DALE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Hartington Middle Quarter
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK0847167066

Details

SK 06 NE PARISH OF HARTINGTON MIDDIE QUARTER GLUTTON DALE 4/77 (North Side) Glutton Grange and 12.7.1967 adjoining barn (formerly listed Glutton Farm- house and adjoining barn) II

Farmhouse. Dated 1675 but externally mid C18 with C19 additions. Coursed squared limestone with gritstone quoins and painted dressings. Stone slate roof. Stone gable end stacks with plain bands. Three storeys, three bays with single bay, two storey addition to east. South elevation - central flush, quoined doorcase. Raised and fielded panelled door with plain rectangular fanlight over. To either side, 3-light flush mullion windows, Two similar above and similar 2-light window over door. Above again, two shallower 3-light flush mullion windows to eaves. Between them, a circular stone plaque with painted inscription 'AD 1675'. All fenestration C19 casements, To east, C19 single bay addition with slate roof. Top hung casement in flush gritstone surround with similar window over. Barn attached to west.

Listing NGR: SK0847167066

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80507
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Jun 2006
Reference: IOE01/15636/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Morten. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].