TOMBCHEST OF JOHN BORROUGH 10 METRES TO EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST BRUEREDUS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158880
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
TOMBCHEST OF JOHN BORROUGH 10 METRES TO EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST BRUEREDUS

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOMBCHEST OF JOHN BORROUGH 10 METRES TO EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST BRUEREDUS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158880 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jul-2019 at 09:45:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOMBCHEST OF JOHN BORROUGH 10 METRES TO EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST BRUEREDUS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Breward
National Grid Reference:
SX 09752 77341

Details

ST BREWARD CHURCHTOWN, St Breward SX 07 NE 5/196 Tombchest of John Borrough 10 - metres to east of south east corner of south aisle of Church of St Brueredus GV II

Tombchest. 1696. In memory of John Borrough of Penquite, gent. who died in 1696, Beatrice his wife (1696) and John their son (1712). Granite rubble chest with slate rectangular lid. Marginal inscription with verse in central panel. Upper and lower case lettering in italics.



Listing NGR: SX0975277341

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
67464
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04328/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Charles A Perry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].