CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158902

Date first listed: 09-Oct-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158902 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 14:58:12.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANNE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Deviock

National Grid Reference: SX3078057484

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST GERMANS HESSENFORD SX 35 NW 4/107 Church of St Anne

II

Parish church. 1832, rebuilt 1871 to designs by J. P. St Aubyn. Slatestone rubble with limestone dressings. Slate roof with crested ridge tiles. Plan: Nave with south porch, chancel with north vestry, used as organ chamber. Gothic style. 4-bay nave with weathered buttresses, and paired pointed arched lancets. Slate-hung west spire with louvred openings and cockerel weathervane. West end of nave has tall triple lancet, with single lancet to right and left. Gabled south porch with buttresses, 4-centred arched doorway with jamb shafts and hood mould, double doors. Single light each side of porch. Raised coped verges and cross finial. 2-bay chancel has 2 lancets and cill string course; east end has triple lancet with central light taller, cill string continued; cross finial. Interior: Nave has 4-bay arcade to north and south, plain circular piers with 4- centred arches. Corbelled 4-centred arch to chancel, which has south sedilia with trefoil heads. All windows have rere-arches. Nave and chancel have common rafter roof. Aisles have one row of purlins and windbraces. Fittings: all contemporary, benches in nave and stone pulpit of 1902. Circular limestone font in nave. Sources: Radcliffe, E.: Buildings of England: Cornwall 1970.

Listing NGR: SX3078057484

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 62103

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, (1970)

End of official listing