BANK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158915
Date first listed:
27-Jul-1984
Statutory Address:
BANK HOUSE, BUXTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158915 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 07:50:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
BANK HOUSE, BUXTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Hartington Nether Quarter
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 16592 58785

Details

SK 15 NE PARISH OF HARTINGTON NETHER QUARTER BUXTON ROAD 10/95 (East Side) Bank House II

Coaching inn, now farmhouse. Early C19, datestone on later porch of 1850. Rendered stone with gritstone dressings and quoins. Coursed squared limestone porch. Hipped plain tile roof with leaded ridges. Stone side wall and gable end stacks with plain bands, Stone coped gables with plain kneelers to rear roof and porch. Plain eaves band, Three bays, three storeys. West elevation has central gabled porch with large quoins, Centrally placed plain sash in flush surround with dripmould over. Stone plaque above with armorial shield and inscription 'TOB 1850'. Ball and steeple gable finial over. To either side, a glazing bar sash in plain surround. Three similar over. Three further similar,but shallower,windows to eaves. To south, 2-light flush mullion windows to each floor.

Listing NGR: SK1659258785

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80525
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Sep 2003
Reference: IOE01/11042/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Donald Pittman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].