THE BATTERY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158997
Date first listed:
09-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
THE BATTERY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE BATTERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158997 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 03:51:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE BATTERY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Germans
National Grid Reference:
SX3640857491

Details

ST GERMANS ST GERMANS SX 35 NE 5/124 The Battery

GV II

Ornamental battery. Probably mid C19. Slatestone rubble wall with 6 cannon facing out to the River Tiddy. Low front wall, about 30 metres long, embattled, with slate coping to the merlons. The wall is returned to the south for about 30 metres, without battlements, with slate coping. Two of the guns are dated 1808 and inscribed RUELLE and NEVERS, one other dated 1617.

Listing NGR: SX3640857491

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
62120
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 8 Cornwall and Isles of Scilly,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16698/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Midgley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].