FARMBUILDING TO REAR OF WAINGROVE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158998
Date first listed:
25-May-1988
Statutory Address:
FARMBUILDING TO REAR OF WAINGROVE HALL, CODNOR DENBY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDING TO REAR OF WAINGROVE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158998 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 23:55:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARMBUILDING TO REAR OF WAINGROVE HALL, CODNOR DENBY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Amber Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Ripley
National Grid Reference:
SK 41157 48648

Details

SK 44 NW RIPLEY CODNOR DENBY LANE (north side)

6/74 Farmbuilding to rear of Waingrove Hall

GV II

Farmbuilding. 1791 with minor later alterations. Red brick with brick and stone dressings and plain tile roof with brick copings to gables and a dentilled eaves band. Two storeys and five bays. South elevation has an inserted casement window to west and four doors to east, each with plain stone lintel and plank doors. Lintel of central door is inscribed 'SRE 1791' and above this is an inset stone with cross ventilation hole. Above to either end, there are square openings, that to west partly glazed and that to east with another cross ventilation hole beyond to east. West gable wall has first floor door below flat gauged brick arch with stone keystone. The initials on the lintel refer to members of the Strelley family who were also carrying out improvements to the Hall (qv) at this date.

Listing NGR: SK4115748648

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79118
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/09602/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roy Millett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].