EGSTOW HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159005
Date first listed:
31-Jan-1967
Statutory Address:
EGSTOW HALL, BRASSINGTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of EGSTOW HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159005 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 21:21:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
EGSTOW HALL, BRASSINGTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
North East Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Tupton
National Grid Reference:
SK 39073 65008

Details

SK 36 NE PARISH OF TUPTON BRASSINGTON LANE 1/79 (West Side) Egstow Hall GV II

House. 1671 with minor C19 and C20 restoration. Coursed sandstone rubble. Large gritstone quoins. Sandstone dressings. Continuous moulded stringcourses to first and second storeys. Slate roofs with stone ridges. Moulded stone copings and kneelers to gables. Stone gable end and ridge stacks. Two bays, T plan, two storeys plus attics. Chamfered quoired doorcase to east, with two lintels, that above with fleur de lys type pattern on raised keystone. To west, 4-light recessed and chamfered mullion window. Similar beyond to west in advanced cross- wing. Above, two similar windows. Over door, large stone plaque inscribed 'Built by Archelaus Brailsford June ... Anno Dom 1671'. Above, in western gable, 3-light recessed and chamfered mullion window with stringcourse over. Plaque in gable above inscribed 'MJH 1969'. West elevation has outline in masonry of former two storey porch. Recessed and chamfered mullion window with hoods either side and above. Gabled stair turret to rear. Interior - newel staircase with original oak boards from first floor upwards. Segmental arched doorcase to ground floor. Large double corbelled fireplace with decorated lintel to dining room. Similar, smaller fireplace to kitchen.

Listing NGR: SK3907365008

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79467
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Nov 2004
Reference: IOE01/13472/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George Wolfe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].