BANK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1159014

Date first listed: 10-Aug-1951

Statutory Address: BANK HOUSE, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159014 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 15:15:04.

Location

Statutory Address: BANK HOUSE, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)

Parish: Hartington Town Quarter

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SK 12852 60437

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 12 60 PARISH OF HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER MARKET PLACE 12/128 (North Side) 1O.8.1951 Bank House GV II

House. 1828. Coursed squared limestone with gritstone dressings and chamfered quoins. Stone slate roof. Stone coped gables with plain kneelers. Stone gable end stacks with simple cornices. Plain eaves band. Three storeys, three bays. South elevation - central semi-circular headed doorcase with moulded architrave, and imposts. Projecting keystone decorated with flower. Fielded and beaded panelled door. Fanlight over with radiating tracery. To either side, plain sashes in flush surrounds. Above, three similar windows. Above again, two similar windows with elliptical plaque between inscribed: 'ERECTED in 1828 by BANKS, GEORGE and ELIZABETH'.

Listing NGR: SK1285260437

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 80558

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing