GUN LANE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159046
Date first listed:
25-May-1988
Statutory Address:
GUN LANE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS, GUN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GUN LANE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159046 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 18:20:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
GUN LANE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED FARMBUILDINGS, GUN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Amber Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Ripley
National Grid Reference:
SK 35902 51146

Details

SK 35 SE RIPLEY GUN LANE, Nether Heage (north side)

3/84 Gun Lane Farmhouse and attached farmbuildings

GV II

Farmhouse and attached farmbuildings. Mid C18, altered early C19, farm buildings dated 1873. Coursed rubble stone with painted ashlar dressing and flush quoins. Plain tile roof with stone corniced gable stacks and stone coped gables on plain kneelers. Three storeys and three bays, symmetrical facade, with L-plan and L-plan farmbuildings attached to rear. Main elevation has central doorcase with moulded architrave, plain frieze and simple cornice plus half glazed C20 door. To either side, C20 casements in flush stone surrounds with projecting sills. Above central single light C18 window flanked by similar, formerly mullioned, 2-light windows. Above again two recessed and chamfered windows with 2-light casements. Raised eaves band. Left gable wall has re-used datestone in gable inscribed '1605 W I'. Farm- buildings have slate roofs with stone coped gables and ridge finials. Range attached to rear of house has stable doors below plain stone lintels to ground floor and hayloft openings above. Datestone on north gable. Range at right angles has similar openings to left and board doors to right.

Listing NGR: SK3590251146

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79127
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16997/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Steve Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].