TADDINGTON FIELD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159075
Date first listed:
22-Mar-1985
Statutory Address:
TADDINGTON FIELD FARMHOUSE, OFF WHEAL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TADDINGTON FIELD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159075 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 19:11:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
TADDINGTON FIELD FARMHOUSE, OFF WHEAL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Taddington
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 16077 70553

Details

SK 17 SE PARISH OF TADDINGTON OFF WHEAL LANE 3/83 (East Side) Taddington Field Farmhouse II

Farmhouse. C18 and 1839. Rubble limestone with gritstone dressings. Plain tile roofs with stone gable end stacks. Unequal L-plan. Two storeys. South elevation of four bays. Two bay C18 part set well back on the left. Central doorway with massive stone jambs and lintel, and plank door. Flanked on each side by 2-light square section flush mullion windows. Course dripmould over door and windows. First floor has two 2-light square section flush mullion windows. 1839 block is larger and projects forward. Return wall has a tall moulded doorcase with elongated bracketed hood and a panelled door with rectangular overlight. Glazing bar sash above. Chimney stack dated 1839. South elevation of 1839 block has flush quoins and two glazing bar sashes in plain stone surrounds to each floor.

Listing NGR: SK1607770553

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80994
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Nov 2006
Reference: IOE01/15636/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Morten. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].