MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159326
Date first listed:
21-Jun-1955
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159326 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 02:54:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
Wycombe (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Marlow
National Grid Reference:
SU 87341 87859

Details

LITTLE MARLOW CHURCH ROAD SU 88 NE 5/68 Manor House 21.6.55 GV II House. Late C16 with early C19 wing along S. front, refurbished 1963-65. C16 parts have ground floor rebuilt in brick, with timber frame and rendered infill above. Plain tile roof. 2 tall storeys and attic, 5 bays. Large C20 barred wooden casements of 2-5 lights, 3 gabled dormers with 3-light casements. Lower bay possibly C17, projects to right, with slighter timbers, similar C20 wooden casements, and door in recessed porch. C20 brick outbuilding projects from gable. To right of S. front C16 wing has overhanging roughcast attic storey with overhanging gable, both jetties coved with dogtooth moulding in roughcast. Early C19 wing along S. front is roughcast with flat eaves and hipped plain tile roof. 2 storeys, 7 bays. 2-pane sashes to ground floor, 3-pane sashes to first floor, all boxed with moulded frames. Central 6-panelled door with rectangular fanlight, shouldered wooden architrave frame and moulded pediment on carved scroll brackets. Over door is C20 rendered cartouche dated 1565 1965 EW. Small W. wing, altered and raised C20, with semi-circular projection. Interior: fine early C17 staircase with arcaded balustrade, heavily moulded handrail, moulded string and square newels; fine roof to C16 part with double purlins, arched wind-braces and heavy vertical struts supporting centre of each collar. Room to right of early C19 block has plaster frieze with continuous bundle of lictors'rods. RCHM I p. 232 Mon. 3.

Listing NGR: SU8734187859

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
46952
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].