TREGOOSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159329
Date first listed:
12-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
TREGOOSE FARMHOUSE, POINT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREGOOSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159329 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 04:40:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
TREGOOSE FARMHOUSE, POINT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Feock
National Grid Reference:
SW8068639230

Details

SW 83 NW FEOCK POINT ROAD

4/69 Tregoose Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. C18 and extended C20 to east. Painted stone rubble and cobs walls, rendered front. Half-hipped wheat reed thatched roof with brick chimneys over original side walls. Double depth plan, originally with principal room on either side of central through passage (now 1 room) and shallow service room on either side at rear with large hearth to left-hand side. Stair turret or fuel store projecting at rear of left-hand room. C20 1-room extension at right (east) end. 2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 3-window south front with C20 iron casements plus 1- window C20 front. Doorway slightly off-centre to left with top-glazed 4-panel door. C20 addition to right with hipped roof dormer. Rear (north) wall and west wall retain good stone and cob texture. Interior has some original moulded ceiling beams and some 2-panel doors to first floor. Later stair. Large internal chimney breasts. West front room originally had 2 hearths fireplace in rear room has large oven. Original pine roof structure with lapped and pegged collars. Tregoose is mentioned in Lay Subsidy Rolls of 1327, and is shown on Martin's map of 1748. In 1851 the farmer exhibited corn at the Great Exhibition. (CRO). Historical information from owner.

Listing NGR: SW8068639230

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
63344
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/04590/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John E. Crowe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].