Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1160744.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 00:28:35.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TA 09110 42505


ROUTH A 1035 TA 04 SE (south side, off) 8/53 Church of All Saints 7.2.68 - II*

Church. C14 nave, C14 chancel, C16 - early C17 south porch, west tower of 1904: extensively restored by Brodick, Lowther and Walker in 1904. Ashlar, with brick to south porch, pebbledashed to porch and chancel, flat tile roof. West tower of 3 stages, 3-bay nave with south porch, 2-bay chancel. West tower: diagonal buttresses. Quatrefoil to ringing chamber, 2 square- headed cinquefoil lights to belfry, crenellated parapet with 8 crocketed pinnacles. 2-light square-headed west window with Perpendicular tracery; clock. Nave: two 2-light pointed windows with early C20 curvilinear tracery. South door: segmental head on plain reveals. South porch: double hollow chamfered segmental-headed door, lancets to north and to south. North elevation: lancet to west, pointed north door with continuous hollow chamfer. Chancel: two 2-light windows with curvilinear tracery; pointed priests' door with continuous chamfer. Coped gables with cross finials to nave and chancel. Pointed east window of 3 lights with reticulated tracery under hoodmould with face-mask stops. Interior: chancel has in south-east corner an early C15 brass to Sir John and Lady Agnes Routh: 2 figures in prayer under a double canopy of crocketed ogees. In north-east corner the damaged early C14 effigy of a knight with crossed legs. Early C18 pulpit with raised and fielded bolection-moulded panels.

Listing NGR: TA0911042505


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10358/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].