ALL SAINTS PARISH CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1164892
Date first listed:
23-Aug-1967
Statutory Address:
ALL SAINTS PARISH CHURCH, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALL SAINTS PARISH CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1164892.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 23:51:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
ALL SAINTS PARISH CHURCH, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Harmston
National Grid Reference:
SK 97271 62275

Details

SK 97 62 HARMSTON CHURCH LANE 4/24 23.8.67 All Saints Parish Church

11*

Church. C11, C12, C18 and C19. Coursed rubble with ashlar dresings. Norman west tower the only remains of the medieval church which was rebuilt in 1717, and then largely rebuilt again in 1868 by the architect Withers. The late Cll west tower has an opening on each face, at bell chamber level, each is made up of coupled round-headed openings with columns with scalloped capitals between. The crenellated top with 8 pinnacles is Perpendicular. C19, 3 bay nave with circular clerestorey windows, north and south-aisles, south porch 2 bay chancel. All the windows have simple plate tracery. Tower arch early C19, triple responds with capitals with a band of leaves standing up and volutes above. The arcades may be early C18 incorporating re-used medieval work. Simple C19 fittings. Two good C18 monuments, 1722 and 1738 both to Thorold family.

Listing NGR: SK9727162275

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192208
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04389/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robin W. Symons. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].