DOCKER HALL FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ATTACHED ON WEST SIDE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1165304
Date first listed:
04-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
DOCKER HALL FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ATTACHED ON WEST SIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOCKER HALL FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ATTACHED ON WEST SIDE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1165304.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 08-Dec-2019 at 17:52:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
DOCKER HALL FARMHOUSE AND BARNS ATTACHED ON WEST SIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Whittington
National Grid Reference:
SD 57009 75009

Details

WHITTINGTON SD 57 NE

1/195 Docker Hall Farmhouse and barns attached on west side

II

House, early C17th, altered, and barns probably C18th. Sandstone rubble with steep slate roof. 2 storeys. To the left of the door a 6-pane sash with plain reveals cuts through a drip course. To the right is a modern window with cement and stone surround. On the 1st floor are 4 sashed windows with no glazing bars and plain reveals. On the ground floor there are the remains of 2 small blocked mullioned windows. On the 1st floor are 2 similar blocked windows. Above the latter a drip course has been cut back. The door has a rendered surround and an open timber porch. Chimneys on left-hand gable and to right of door. The rear wall has a 2-storey lean-to stair projection. At the left is a large projecting chimney stack with offsets. Interior has stone spiral staircase, now cased in wood. Roof space said to contain large timbers. Adjoining at right angles to the right-hand part of the facade is a range of buildings. The left-hand part, next to the main part of the house, has one bay at the left having rebated and chamfered window surrounds. Further right is a wide entrance with plain reveals and timber lintel. Above it is a plaque inscribed:'THM 1721'. At the right on the ground floor is a 2-light window with architrave and flat-faced mullion. On the 1st floor are breathers. Within this building is a doorway leading into the house with a re-set moulded Tudor-arched lintel. Set back slightly to the right is a barn of separate build. It has a wide entrance with a canopy with cheeks. Above its lintel on the inside is a re-set stone inscribed: 'WEB 1633'.

Listing NGR: SD5700975009

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182495
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].