PEARSON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1165327
Date first listed:
04-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
PEARSON HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PEARSON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1165327.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2019 at 09:37:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
PEARSON HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Whittington
National Grid Reference:
SD 59889 76298

Details

SD 57 NE WHITTINGTON 1/199 Pearson House

GV II

House, 1881 with C17th remains, probably by Paley and Austin. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic. Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions. South wall has projecting gabled wing at right, and ground-floor drip course. Its front wall has a canted bay window on the ground floor, with 3 lights at the front and one to each canted side. On the 1st floor is a 3-light window with hood, with a 2-light attic window above. To the left there is a 3-light window on each floor, the 1st floor one with hood. At the right, in the angle with the wing, is a blocked doorway with moulded surround, moulded imposts, and a design on the lintel. Above is a plaque inscribed: 'IA 1683'. Chimney on left-hand gable. East wall has a 2-storey gabled porch. To its right is one bay having one-light windows. Further right is a gabled bay having a 4-light window on the ground floor and one of 3 lights above. The porch has a 3-light window on each floor, and a doorway in its left-hand return wall with a moulded surround and inscription: 'DG 1881'. Chimney on front wall to left of porch, and to left of gabled bay.

Listing NGR: SD5988976298

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182499
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/09825/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Stephen Appleby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].