THE BULL INN AND N L SANDALL AND SONS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1165389
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
22-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
THE BULL INN AND N L SANDALL AND SONS, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE BULL INN AND N L SANDALL AND SONS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1165389.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Dec-2019 at 01:55:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE BULL INN AND N L SANDALL AND SONS, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Market Deeping
National Grid Reference:
TF 13920 09968

Details

TF 1209-1309 MARKET DEEPING MARKET PLACE (north side)

13/168 The Bull Inn and N. L. Sandall and Sons 30.10.68 (formerly listed as Bull Inn)

G.V. II

Public house and shop. Early C17, altered early C18, C19 and C20. Ashlar, Collyweston slate roof, one raised stone coped gable, single moulded ashlar gable stack, single brick ridge and wall stacks, and single yellow brick gable stack. L-plan. 2 storey, irregular 6 bay front having plain plinth, planked C19 door with plain overlight and narrow flat lead hood, to left an open semi-circular moulded C18 carriage arch to rear with cyma moulded imposts and double planked doors. To left a C20 shop front and door, slightly angled. To right are 3 glazing bar sashes and to first floor 5 similar windows. In the left hand side of the passage to rear is a single wall post, and interior retains chamfered beams.

Listing NGR: TF1392009968

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194553
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03693/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Garratt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].