2, MARKET PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1165409
Date first listed:
22-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
2, MARKET PLACE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1165409.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jul-2021 at 23:27:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
2, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Market Deeping
National Grid Reference:
TF 13878 09928

Details

TF 1209-1309 MARKET DEEPING MARKET PLACE (south side)

13/172 No.2

G.V. II

Former police station and house, now house. 1880, in the C17 style. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, Collyweston slate roof, stone coped gables with kneelers, ridge and eaves ball finials, 2 gable stacks with paired shafts and cornices. L-plan. 2 storey, 4 bay front, the left hand bay is advanced and separately gabled. Off-centre planked door in chamfered ashlar surround with shield over under hood mould. To right a canted ashlar 2 storey 3 light- bay window with hipped roof. To left a 2 light window and a 4 light window. To first floor single 2 and 4 light windows, one with separate small gable. In the advanced gable the plaque "AD 1880" in raised letters. To the left a planked passage doorway with stepped coping and in a recessed plaque "Kesteven Police" in raised letters. Included for group value only.

Listing NGR: TF1387809928

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194557
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03693/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Garratt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].