MALT KILN AND BARN ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1165443
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1967
Statutory Address:
MALT KILN AND BARN ADJOINING TO SOUTH, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MALT KILN AND BARN ADJOINING TO SOUTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1165443.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Dec-2019 at 01:31:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
MALT KILN AND BARN ADJOINING TO SOUTH, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Whittington
National Grid Reference:
SD 60146 76023

Details

WHITTINGTON MAIN STREET (west side) SD 67 NW

2/227 Malt Kiln and barn adjoining to 4-10-1967 south

GV II

House, 1687, altered, with barn probably late C18th. Pebbledashed rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys. Main part of facade of 2 bays. Ground-floor windows, which interrupt a drip course, are sashed with plain stone surrounds. 1st floor windows are mullioned, of 3 lights with rebate and hollow chamfer. The door, between bays, has a moulded surround with moulded imposts and a shaped lintel inscribed: '1687 BDI'. At the left is a cart entrance with plain reveals and segmental arch. Above is a 2-light mullioned window. Interior of house said to have firehood bressumer, and a spice cupboard inscribed: 'BDI 1688'. Adjoining to the left is a barn with blocked wide entrance and other blocked openings.

Listing NGR: SD6014676023

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182527
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jun 2006
Reference: IOE01/15552/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Andrew White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].