RUINED CHURCH NORTH EAST OF WYKEHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1168090
Date first listed:
09-Mar-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
RUINED CHURCH NORTH EAST OF WYKEHAM HALL, WYKEHAM PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of RUINED CHURCH NORTH EAST OF WYKEHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1168090 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 21:06:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
RUINED CHURCH NORTH EAST OF WYKEHAM HALL, WYKEHAM PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Ludford
National Grid Reference:
TF 22420 88271

Details

EAST WYKEHAM WYKEHAM PARK TF 28 NW 6/20 Ruined Church north east of Wykeham Hall 9.3.67 (formerly listed as Church Ruins, Wykeham Park) II

Church ruins. Probably reconstructed as folly c.1800. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Nave and apsidal chancel. West door, 2 lancets to side walls of nave and a similar window in the east wall of chancel. Upper parts of walls and roof are missing. In the chancel are 2 fragments of C13 clustered columns and capitals. In the nave 2 plain wall slabs, to members of the Child family of Wykeham Hall and a servant, all c.1870. The Church stands amongst the earthworks of the deserted medieval village of East Wykeham.

Listing NGR: TF2242088271

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195272
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/05658/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].