TYLE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1168464
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1953
Statutory Address:
TYLE HALL, LOWER BURNHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TYLE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1168464 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 05:45:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
TYLE HALL, LOWER BURNHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Maldon (District Authority)
Parish:
Latchingdon
National Grid Reference:
TQ 89269 98729

Details

LATCHINGDON LOWER BURNHAM ROAD TQ 89 NE (north side) 5/35 Tyle Hall 10/1/53 ­ II

House. Circa 1500, much altered in C18 and C19. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Half-H plan facing S, with one internal stack in central range, and one internal stack in right crosswing and one stack to the rear of it. Large Victorian extension to left. 2 storeys with attics. On each floor, 2 tripartite sashes of 2-4-2 lights and 2 sashes of 4 lights, all late C19, symmetrically arranged. Central 6-panel flush door, top panels glazed, in C19 portico. Both crosswings were originally jettied to the front, now underbuilt. Both crosswing roofs were originally gabled to the front, now hipped. The interior has been extensively remodelled in the C18 and C19, most beams boxed in and all surfaces plastered. Early C19 marble fireplaces and C19 plaster covings. Moated site. RCHM 6.

Listing NGR: TQ8926998729

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
117392
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Feb 2001
Reference: IOE01/03029/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M W Keogh. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].