FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1168912
Date first listed:
11-Jan-1990
Statutory Address:
FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1168912 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 15:52:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Wilsford
National Grid Reference:
TF 00320 42730

Details

TF 04 SW WILSFORD SCHOOL LANE (west side)

4/121 Former School and School House

II

Former school and school house now house. 1857 with minor C20 alterations. Rock faces limestone with ashlar quoins and dressings, slate roofs with raised stone coped gables and paired bracketed kneelers, single ridge and 2 gable ashlar stacks with paired funnels and chamfered bases and capitals. L-plan. Single storey 7 bay front to street with chamfered plinth, 3 stepped buttresses and gabled porch with belfry to the apex. The off centre porch has a chamfered 4 centred arched outer doorway and a planked inner door. To left are single 2 and 3 light windows and to the right are a pair of windows and 3 sets of 3. All windows are lancets with trefoil heads and are plain casements. Above the doorway is a carved ashlar scroll recording the construction of the school in 1857. The house is to the left rear and has a single story plus attics 3 bay front with central half glazed door in a 4 centred arched surround flanked by triplets of lancets matching those of the school. Above the door is a square panel of arms. In the roof are 2 gabled through eaves dormers with stone coped gables and kneelers. They are supported on triple rolled corbels and contain pairs of lancets. All windows are plain case- ments.

Listing NGR: TF0032042730

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192755
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Mar 2007
Reference: IOE01/16337/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].