CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1172547
Date first listed:
26-Nov-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, BARNHAM BROOM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1172547.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 11:19:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, BARNHAM BROOM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Kimberley
National Grid Reference:
TG 08962 05845

Details

TG OO NE KIMBERLEY BARNHAM BROOM ROAD (east-side) Carleton Forehoe 3/28 Church of St. Mary

26.11.59 II*

Carleton Forehoe parish church. C15 and west tower 1713 as datestone to north side. Flint with stone dressings and brick dressings to tower. Leaded roofs. West tower, aisleless nave with south porch and chancel. West tower of 3 stages with interesting wooden tracery in semi-circular headed bell openings. Obelisk finials and parapet. 4 large 3-light nave windows with restored Perpendicular tracery. 4 original 2-light Perpendicular chancel windows and a heavily restored 4-light east window. Moulded chancel arch- Fine nave and chancel piscinae with cusped heads and hood-moulds. C18 roofs. Victorian furnishings including a western gallery and oil lamp lighting.

Listing NGR: TG0896205845

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
226501
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12929/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Clare Lister. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].