CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1172667
Date first listed:
24-Jan-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1172667.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 19:16:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Tattersett
National Grid Reference:
TF 86629 28327

Details

TF 82 NE TATTERSETT TATTERFORD

6/78 Church of St Margaret

II

Church. 1862. W Lightley architect. Flint with stone dressings, slated roofs. Nave, chancel and south wall of unfinished north-west tower. High Victorian "Early Gorthic". West gable with arch filled with stone, battered at base, pierced by central cinquefoil and 7 roundels. Nave north with single and paired lancets, nave south with 2 paired lancets. Buttresses with set-offs, original cast-iron down pipes. Chancel with single north and south lancets and triple east kancets. Set-off buttresses, south buttresses with stone-pipe in stone, cast- iron downpipes. Interior nave roof of 4 bays with tie beam, king post, arched braces and collar. Chancel roof with closely set arched braces. Stone font with inscription and wooden chancel stalls stylistically of 1862. Nave with 3 re-used C18 wall tablets. Chancel with north and south stained lancets by Mayer and Company, Munich and London late C19.

Listing NGR: TF8662928327

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223910
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/08987/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian R. Faulkner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].