CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1173494

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1173494 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 12:44:25.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Holtby

National Grid Reference: SE 67519 54182

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 65 SE HOLTBY MAIN STREET (east side)

5/4 Church of the Holy Trinity

GV II

Church. 1792 with inserted details of 1881 by J R Naylor of Derby. Red and yellow brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings and plain tile roof. West tower, 3-bay nave with south porch, and apsidal chancel with organ chamber to north. Details in Romanesque style. Plinth and quoins to angles. West front: 3-stage tower with round-headed windows, the first on shafted responds. Belfry level defined by string course. Plain parapet with large gargoyles to angles. Nave: round-headed doorway to porch, and round-headed windows separated by buttresses. Dogtooth detailing to chancel windows. Interior: monument to Thomas Nelson, died 1785; white tablet surmounted by urn on grey mount by Fisher of York. Robert Smithson, died 1845: white tablet on black mount, by Waudby of York.

Listing NGR: SE6751954182

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328659

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing