CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1174175
Date first listed:
31-Jan-1974
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1174175.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jan-2021 at 00:10:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Frome
National Grid Reference:
ST 77196 48349

Details

1. 5363 TRINITY STREET (North-west end)

GV Church of the ST 7748 SW 4/120 31.1.74 Holy Trinity

II*

2. 1837. Architect: E E Goodridge. In the style of Commissioners' Gothic. Stone built, west front ashlar. Battered plinth, chamfered string at door impost height. Gabled. front with moulded coping and cross. Tall Early English-style lancet triple above low triple doors with gables over. Slight breaks to sides beneath heavy spirelets. 5 bay vessel with alight projection to north-west for Sanctuary. Gabled transept Chapel to north-east (liturgical South). Interior: side windows have a glass by Morris and Co (Burne-Jones, largely painted by Bowman from 1880s to 1921). East window by a local firm Howard Bros 1875.

Listing NGR: ST7719648349

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
266325
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04616/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Geraldine Bunn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].