MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1174987
Date first listed:
11-Mar-1968
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1174987.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jan-2021 at 16:59:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Wanstrow
National Grid Reference:
ST 72207 44033

Details

ST74SW WANSTROW CP CLOFORD 6/172 Manor Farmhouse

11.3.68

GV II*

Manor house. Reputedly dated 1633, later addition believed to be of 1687. Coursed and squared Ham Hill stone, some ashlar, dressed quoins, plain tile and asbestos sheet roofs, coped verges on kneelers, ashlar stacks with moulded caps. "T"-plan, late Jacobean. In 2 halves, earlier wing to right of 2-storeys and attic, 3-bays, stone mullion and transom windows of 2 and 5-lights; mullions are unusual in that they are of plain half round section, with no centre fillet; moulded strings over window heads. Later half of lower height, 2-storeys, 3-bays, 2 and 3-light stone mullioned casements to first floor, below single large 6-light mullion and transom window. Central hipped roofed porch between 2 halves, has 2 similarly decorated semi-circular headed inner and outer door openings with emphasised keystones, massive studded inner door. Interior contains good well staircase, having massive square newel post with elaborately carved finial, balusters hidden by plastered C19 side panelling. Upper floors have moulded doorcases and 4-centred fire surrounds. (Marked on OS map as Cloford House).

Listing NGR: ST7104641695

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
266877
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/05200/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Brendan Balhetchet. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].