NUMBER 17, CLUNTON

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1175651
Date first listed:
01-Dec-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
28-May-1987
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 17, CLUNTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 17, CLUNTON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1175651.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Dec-2019 at 01:35:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 17, CLUNTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Clunbury
National Grid Reference:
SO3357081344

Details

SO 38 SW 3/60 1.12.51

CLUNBURY C.P. CLUNTON No. 17 (formerly listed as Clunton House Farmhouse)

GV II

Farmhouse. Dated 1737 with later additions and alterations. Roughly coursed limestone slab masonry; slate roof replacing stone slates to rear. 2 storeys and gable-lit attic. 4-window front, early C19 multi-paned cast-iron casements to 2 right bays and mid-C20 casements to 2 left bays on first floor, all with stone wedge lintels grooved in imitation of ashlar blocks; 3-light multi-paned casements on ground floor, to left and between 2 right bays, both with tumbled stone heads. 4-panel door with flat hood directly below third window from left. Integral end stack with C19 purple brick shaft to right gable end and roughcast external lateral stack with red brick top to rear on left. Datestone "JGM/1737" between second and third windows from left on first floor. Iron sheeting to left gable end said to conceal timber frame. Lower range attached to left with granary on first floor has fixed-light window to centre and plank door to right. Interior: stone-flagged floors throughout including to lower range (dairy). Chamfered ceiling beams and stone inglenook fireplaces. Oak winder staircase from first floor to attic, which has double-purlin roof in 3 bays with trusses plastered over at time of resurvey (August 1986). C18 plank and ledged doors.

Listing NGR: SO3357081344

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
257565
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/12455/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Gill Cardy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].