CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1177892

Date first listed: 07-Oct-1957

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, PINGLE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1177892 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 05:29:08.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, PINGLE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Blaby (District Authority)

Parish: Potters Marston

National Grid Reference: SP 49821 96338

Details

POTTERS MARSTON off PINGLE LANE SP 49 NE (east side)

1/28 Church of St. Mary

7.10.57 II

Parish church. Possibly C16. Restored 1908, and further restored and the windows renewed, 1930. Random granite rubble with dressed stone quoins and Swithland slate roof. Nave and chancel under continuous roof, 2 bays. South side has to left, a C19 plank door with stone jambs and heavy lintel, and to the east, a 3 light mullioned window with chamfered and rebated reveal. North side has 2 two light mullioned windows. East end has a 5 light mullioned casement. All these windows have leaded glazing. Remains of coped east gable. Attached to the east end, a C19 cast iron railing and gate enclosing 5 slate headstones, mid C18, to the Boothby family of Marston Hall. Plastered interior has a mid C19 matchboard dado and a C16 kingpost roof with struts and double purlins. Fittings include a wineglass- shaped memorial font with lattice patterend bowl inscribed 'J S 1918-1945', an altar table, 1945, an octagonal oak pulpit, restored in 1950, and C19 wooden lectern, desk and chairs. Carved wooden gradine, 1911, and small C20 oak chest. Memorials include slate tablets, 1712, 1724 and 1737 to the Boothby family, and a brass altar cross, 1909.

Listing NGR: SP4982196338

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189018

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing