CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1180188
Date first listed:
19-May-1954
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER, FRIMLEY GREEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1180188.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2020 at 18:44:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER, FRIMLEY GREEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Surrey
District:
Surrey Heath (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SU 87962 58070

Details

SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY FORMER U.D. FRIMLEY GREEN ROAD,

7/14 Church of St. Peter 19/5/54 II

Church. 1825 by J.T. Parkinson, altered in 1887 by T. Goodchild. Coursed rough dressed sandstone with sandstone dressings; slate roofs. Rectangular box shape with nave and aisles, small square tower incorporated in west end and vestry extension at right angles to south east corner. Perpendicular style with short battlemented tower; louvred opening to top and faces under label mouldings, arched Perpendicular style west window below under hood moulding. West end aisle windows flanking tower, 2-light under label moulding end. 10 windows to north and south sides, westernmost blocked. 5 arched windows above, 5 double arched windows below under label moulding. Pediment to east end. Planked doors to west in stone, 2-centred arched surround with two foliage capital jamb shafts. Further door to north east angle.

Interior:- 3 arches across west end. Gallery around 3 sides on cast iron columns with leaf capitals. Flat wooden ceiling across nave, coved over galleries. Thin stone altar arch, full height, with marble columns and foliage capitals. Altar reredos arcaded. C19 fittings. Octagonal stone font on moulded stem and stepped plinth. PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.248

Listing NGR: SU8796258070

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
287083
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Nairn, I Rev. by Cherry, The Buildings of England: Surrey, (1971), 248

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01948/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Hoyle. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].