ASHTONFIELDS COMMUNITY HALL AND CHAPEL, COTSWOLDS COMMUNITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1182316

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1986

Statutory Address: ASHTONFIELDS COMMUNITY HALL AND CHAPEL, COTSWOLDS COMMUNITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of ASHTONFIELDS COMMUNITY HALL AND CHAPEL, COTSWOLDS COMMUNITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1182316 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 22:28:26.

Location

Statutory Address: ASHTONFIELDS COMMUNITY HALL AND CHAPEL, COTSWOLDS COMMUNITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ashton Keynes

National Grid Reference: SU 03452 95579

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 09 NW ASHTON KEYNES -

1/16 Ashtonfields Community Hall and chapel, Cotswold Community

GV II

Barn, now community hall with chapel under. 1779, converted c1936 by Bruderhof (Hutterian) Community. Limestone rubble with ashlar quoins. Five bays with midstrey of 2 bays to west, lean-to porch to east, now stair. Inserted leaded timber cross window. Stone arch at junction of midstrey with barn with numbered voussoirs and date. Timber lintel over porch inscribed by community founded 1533 by Jacob Huter in Moravia on principles of the early church in Jerusalem. Many buildings in grounds of farm were constructed by the community 1936-1942 in a central European style.

Listing NGR: SU0345295579

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 317665

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing